Thursday, November 16, 2006

I've Got No Song

A friend once told me my life has a soundtrack. And yes, I think I do have that knack of having a song seemlessly automatically playing in my head during those unbelievably crisp 'moments' in my life. I pride myself with that ability to attach a specific frame in my life to a song that perfectly describes it. It's just simple for me to stumble upon a rare tune that may not always be popular but intricately says everything about the feel, the mood, the smell (if it applies), the taste (like if it happens to be bittersweet or just plain bitter) and the imagery of that event. I was so good at it that I have lost count of the stacks of CDs that remind me of those moments and those people and even those animals (pet and people alike).

I always believe I would never fail at this simple talent of mine... Well, that is until you happened. Darn. Somehow, I can't find a song that describes the phenomenon of you. And considering how sickly I can be of a control freak at times, this thing (whatever this is) is definitely driving me nuts.

For the first time, I'm stumped. And as long as I can remember I don't get stumped. No way. No person and no event has ever done this to me. I've looked at my backup CDs, tried to listen to songs on the radio and even forced myself to recall songs that could possibly fit you. But so far, no song. I don't know if this is a sign of something I should think about. But then that would contradict my stand on not believing in signs. Well, at least not the '12 red roses', 'If he's wearing a blue shirt' kind. It's just not like me to believe in that. But no song for a person for the first time in my life??? Wutthe!

If you don't get this whole ranting session, it's alright. I don't get it either. It's official. I'm crazy. I've gone crazy over a song that I can't find. And somehow I'd want to believe that this is really just about a stupid song that I will eventually get my hands (and ears) on. Yes. REALLY. This just has to be because of the absence of a song. And you can't win this. I know I'm gonna find it.

Yes. Me. Crazy. In denial. Control freak. I bet there's not even a song for that.

1 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll let u borrow mine.."You were there by Southern Sons"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Past Posts
Sana
Late
Perfetch!
Simple Saturday
Ganon Nga
LSS of the Week
Pwede
27
Let It Snow
Glad To Be YOUR Joke
Archives




Blogger Friends


Design by Carlo Genato

 
Free Counter
Free Counter