Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Abducted

I was becoming one of those people who still work long after everyone else has gone home and gotten their lives back.

For those who seriously know me, the first sentence would've sent shock waves to your brain just as you're reading this second sentence. You're not alone. I am with you. This is indeed a weird phenomenon. The weirder part is, it didn't scare me one single bit. I wasn't just feeling normal about it. I was feeling great!

Now, just reading these thoughts out loud makes me wonder - Is this really me or was I abducted by aliens who replaced my insides with a workaholic monster?

You could take this as a sign. The planets could've aligned. Probably a comet will hit earth soon. Maybe all those who have been mean, green with envy and promiscuous should repent and make straight the path. Or maybe, just maybe the time has come for me to REALLY work.

I don't know with you but the last option seems quite logical. Not to mention fascinating.

After five years of chatting, sashaying to work thinking that office corridors are modeling ramps instead of just plain corridors, I think I have mastered the craft of projecting that undeniably crisp image that I can deliver quality work on time and under budget.

Right! Hold on! I'm getting my camera. This is a Kodak moment.

It's definitely the turning point of my professional career. It's about time I work.

Ha! Karma would've thought it has kicked me hard by getting me to finally toil in a harsh and hazardous working environment such as the techie world. To be able to do pure, hard core, burning my neurons and eyebrows type of work, just think of what I have to subject myself with. Picture being under the fluorescent white light that can never give you a good angle in pictures. Imagine dry airconditioned rooms which make your skin scream for tube after tube of moisturizer. Lastly, ponder on the need to absorb a necessary amount of caffeine to just fill-out a status report at the end of the day.

Now, if you think the points mentioned are perfectly tolerable, go check on yourself. It's either you're a masochist or you may have to scratch your arm.

That's it. You have dry skin.

So to Karma, I purposely hand my apologies. I'm sorry if I disappointed you. I am working and I'm actually enjoying this.

I'm beginning to think there could be truth behind being abducted by aliens. Or it could be just a new amazing miracle moisturizer. Or maybe I'm just kidding.

1 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger coolieling said...

That's it! This blog is vintage Consi.

I agree...there are those moments where you need to validate what you are capable of...more power and more work to you sistah! Yowza!

But please...don't stop sashaying down the runway just because it's serious there. Other people may need the diversion you know. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Past Posts
Goodnight And Go
Allow Me To Be Mushy
Bukas Luluhod Ang Mga Stars
You Had Me At...
Editor's Karma
Anti-Social
Why Not?
Natalie Angeline
Two
G-A-P
Archives




Blogger Friends


Design by Carlo Genato

 
Free Counter
Free Counter