Friday, September 08, 2006

You Had Me At...

Do you know that certain feeling when you just can’t wipe off that weird smile on your face cause every little thing that a person does just makes you crack up for no apparent logical reason?

Well...you happen to have that effect on me.

I'm mature enough to know that this is nothing but a fleeting thing. You see, I could even try to explain it scientifically. With my hormones going wack over lack of sleep, the change of weather and the stress I'm getting from work, I certainly think this shouldn't be taken seriously. Something as shallow and cute and frisky as this, isn’t going to progress into anything serious. My mind is shouting it out loud -- This just can’t be.

Sometime next week, I know I’d be ‘crushing’ on another cute person within a 2-meter radius. And all these hooplah would go into 'pffft'. But the problem is, I'm not even sure if this thing that I'm attributing to you may even be under the same hemisphere of crushing.

It's unbelievable. You look at me and you smile like I did the weirdest yet cutest thing on earth. I literally have nothing in my defense but a shy smile that I just have to give back to you. I know. Major ick. And even if I don't want to admit it, I die a little bit from your shameless yet very tastefully done flirting. Confirmed. Double major ick. I have barfed each time that weird feeling in my stomach happened. And yes, I perfectly agree with you. This is outrageously pathetic and insane and stupid.

You shouldn't be allowed to do this to me. It’s very dangerous. There is this slightest chance that I could fall. And if you can't assure me that it's not going to be with a bad bouncing thud, then I should do what I do best. Run. Fast. So in the name of self-love and self-protection, I am taking the liberty to say 'Here. Take your flirtations and your melting smile back. I don't want them.'

Our both being single is not enough reason. You see, I have my priorities. I even have my list of non-negotiables. I don't want to play games especially now when things are finally normal and going as planned. I stay firm with my decision that I am not changing my plans for anyone. And I know as long as you're in the realm of 'anyone', I'll be fine.

And I know me. I'm gonna be just fine.

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

self presevation is a motivation. i hops it's not yet 'resistance' because it can really be very bloody sometimes ^_^ lolz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Past Posts
Editor's Karma
Anti-Social
Why Not?
Natalie Angeline
Two
G-A-P
Sis
Commencement Exercises
Royal Tru-Orange
Hibernation
Archives




Blogger Friends


Design by Carlo Genato

 
Free Counter
Free Counter