Monday, August 28, 2006

Natalie Angeline

It came to me as a shock when she told me the news. It was one of those things you wouldn't believe at first. But there it was. The shock of my year...she got you.

I honestly thought she wasn't ready for this but as the days passed by, I realized I could be wrong. Whenever she told me about you, she always had that very visible twinkle in her eye. And when I say, visible, I meant it in a way that I could see it even while she's in the car, driving at night. She was always talking about you and how she wants to be the best for you and how her life is changing each day. It was amazing just hearing her and watching her glow in excitement. And then I thought, maybe I was wrong. She is ready.

So as any great and caring girlfriend would do, I supported her. I prayed for her happiness. I always reminded her to take care of herself each time I see her tired from fighting. There were pretty steep cliffs and unbelievable hurdles but she held on to what she knows makes her happy. She held on to you.

But there was no preparing for last night. It was just the worst of the worst. Last night, she lost you...

I hated myself for being an ocean away when you left. It just wasn't right. I felt helpless as I was hearing her cry at the other end of the line. And then I heard it from her. It was for real. She lost you. She lost her baby Natalie Angeline...

It is sad Natalie that you never knew how wonderful your mom would've been to you. You never got to know how lucky you could've been. From the time she knew she has you in her until the last heartbeat you had when she gave birth to you, you were loved. Deeply.

But then again, maybe HE told you that already.

Well, I don't know a lot things. I might never understand why it happened. But I know for sure you've become your mom's angel. I know you're guiding her and loving her even from up there.

I wish you'd know that my friend will always love you even if she just held you in her arms for a few minutes. Those five months and precious moments were more than enough for her to know she's been a mother to you.

But then again...maybe I got my wish already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Past Posts
Two
G-A-P
Sis
Commencement Exercises
Royal Tru-Orange
Hibernation
Lolo Buendia
FOUR WEDDINGS AND AN ANNULMENT
Those Simple Things
PLASTIK AIRLINE CUP TOO
Archives




Blogger Friends


Design by Carlo Genato

 
Free Counter
Free Counter