Saturday, February 09, 2008

Almost Hitched

After buying tons of bridal magazines, getting Mark's (dream) chapel and the most convenient venue to the chapel booked, it kinda hit me that, this is it! We have to go through the long checklist of what to do and when to get it done to get married. I never really got my hands dirty on my sister's wedding 2 years ago so aside from getting my dress and showing up in the wedding, that's just about my contribution. I know. I was a lame maid of honor back then so I'm trying to pay for it now - by being the bride.

I'm lucky that Mark has an idea of how he wants it. Simple. Small. Intimate. And even luckier that I realized after he described the whole thing that I love the whole idea. You see, I never really pictured in my head how my wedding will be. All I know is when that day comes, I want to have a smashing classy dress and have my lifetime companion and friend in tow. :) Of course, the selected very important people that really matter in our lives have to be there. Which brings us to finalizing the guest list. Pffft. And it is by far, the hardest thing to do - to come up with the guest list. As much as I wanted to have everyone there, we needed to make the list short just because we want it to be small, sweet and intimate. It's not a party. Nor a batch reunion. It's a friends and family affair with people we've been in touch from the time we were kids until now that we're stubborn adults. So people we've told so far should really feel important because we haven't told a lot yet. I guess, it boiled down to telling those we think should know 9-10 months before. :)

So there. We're getting hitched. And I'm fitting Vera Wang gowns tomorrow - just to fit, not really to buy. Hahaha! If I won't think of how long the checklist is, yes, I am excited. Mark is actually more excited. :)

So when is it? Well, it's going to be soon. :) And it's going to be wonderful. :)

1 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger criswithoutanh said...

i'm so excited naman.
:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Past Posts
Monique, Carolina and Jenny
Lots of Luck for 2008
2008
After 4 Years...
Pasko sa US
Katamad
Wrinkles????
I Was No Picnic
Kalokohang Pick-Up Lines
North and South Poles of Love
Archives




Blogger Friends


Design by Carlo Genato

 
Free Counter
Free Counter