Sunday, December 23, 2007

After 4 Years...

I never thought I'd be back in Orange County after 4 years. Grabe, 4 years na pala yun. And I'm quite surprised with how much that has changed. For one, uncle changed houses twice in four years before I got to stay in this nice room. My cousins are big now. Derek, the kid I used to babysit is now 8 years old and talks to me about DVD movies like he's a movie critic. Mae is all grown up, being in college and all. I'm even meeting her boyfriend of 3 years of on and off on Friday. My aunt and uncle - Ate Ning and Tito Dennis have grown old a bit but Tito's cooking is still fantastic!

Haaaaay...I used to stay with them almost every month for almost a year. All those trips to LA and Orange County made me feel nostalgic awhile ago when my cousin drove me to the mall so I can get her her Christmas present. This was my home away from home back in the days. I never realized how I missed Orange County until I saw it again today.

And yes. The last time I was here, I was young and stupid and got my heart broken. I guess I'm just so thankful to God that this time around I won't have to worry about that. :)

It's my first Christmas in the US. I'm ready. Got all my gifts in tow. Bought my red Christmas dress today. I'm all cheery and happy with the idea that I'm having my first holiday season with my Orange County family. My first Christmas with Mark and his family. And something's telling me this will be one I won't forget in a long, long time. And I do hope and pray this won't be our last. :)

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger ..JL said...

i guess God heard your prayers and your wish^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Past Posts
Pasko sa US
Katamad
Wrinkles????
I Was No Picnic
Kalokohang Pick-Up Lines
North and South Poles of Love
Ode to Uncle
Oh Nano, Nano...
Sell-Out
Today
Archives




Blogger Friends


Design by Carlo Genato

 
Free Counter
Free Counter